Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shaky, dead, sore and lovin' it

Due to an overwhelming response to my P90X pooost, I figured I should probably follow up.

Just kidding about the overwhelming part.

But Leah asked how it was going and I aim to please my only reader!

(Psst, check out her blog. She's an entertaining writer/wife/mama/recorder of funny husband convos!)


I am into my third week of my new workout regimen. Day 16 to be exact. I don't think I've ever been so physically exhausted. Granted, I feel MUCH better now than I did during the first week.

By day three, I could not straighten my left elbow without the assistance of my right hand. It was like this for a good 3-5 days.

I probably face-planted at least a handful of times during the first few workouts. Thankfully I was already close to the floor in crazy push-up and yoga positions. My arms are weak :(

I decided after that first week to switch from the Classic version to the Lean version. The difference is a bigger focus on cardio/core rather than Hulking up. But don't think that I wimped out, because the Lean program is still tough. Plus, if you need to have worked up a major sweat in order to feel like you really exercised hard (because shaky, dead, sore muscles just aren't enough), then you won't be dissapointed.

I'm still pretty psyched about doing this. I can't remember the last time I worked out 6 days a week for an hour or so each time. I'm starting to feel a difference in my endurance, strength and flexibility, so win-win-win!

Stay tuned--I'll let you know if I am ever able to do a pull-up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment