Thursday, August 19, 2010

From the bowels...

This is what my kitchen sink looks like right now...


...which is connected by a wall to....


...my tiny bathroom sink...which looks like this right now...AFTER THE USE OF DRANO.

I came home yesterday to the sound of my kitchen sink gurgling. It drained and purged a few times, but thought some Drano would work after I got home tonight. (I use a drain catcher thingy--no garbage disposal--so I'm not sure what the deal is.) Last night I brushed my teeth over the tub and this morning I used the bath faucet to rinse my cereal bowl.

Hopefully my unreliable building manager will call a real plumber and not try to fix it himself, all the while mucking up my floor and kitchen with who knows what.

As you can tell, I'm not a really big fan. I've lived here since...March? maybe and I still only have 3 of my four stove knobs. And no spare set of keys. Oh, and his "remodeling" skills have made it literally impossible to close my closet thanks to several inches of old paint. Hello, lead. You may be my new bff. Oh and when I gave him my rent check for August, he asked my why I turn on my air conditioning nearly every night. First of all...What? Secondly, creeper anyone? Thirdly, this building is ridiculously old and hot--it's summer--and I only have a tiny window unit in the bedroom. Living on the first floor, in an old building, in a less-than-stellar-but-fine-most-of-the-time area, there's no way I'll sleep at night with the windows open. So please don't admit to monitoring me. It makes my skin crawl.

Whew, I actually didn't mean to vent. I'm really not angry at all. Not even feeling that whiny. I think the best word to describe me tonight is just weary. Weary, but rather content, seems to be where I am lately. Almost like a nice, long nap will totally perk me up. :0)

All I can say is that I can't wait for what I'm sure will be a super fun Saturday filled with monitoring a plumber, trying not cringe at all the potential icky-ness.

Big Gulps, eh? Alright! Well, see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment