Friday, June 25, 2010

On My Mind

Psalm 40:1-5

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.

What an encouragement! I often envision that I am stuck way down deep in some gooey, muddy pit and cannot possibly crawl out on my own accord. But by grace He's there, ready to lift me out. Trusting in what God has planned for me can be so difficult at times. But knowing that He has planned "wonders" for my life--"too many to declare"--brings much comfort. But thankfully David provides words for those of us who are often too impatient to wait on God in verse 17b:
You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, DO NOT DELAY!!
(All emphasis, caps and exclamation points are mine.)


It seems kind of silly at the moment, as if God is unaware of our pleading and desperate cries. But I'll take it because it's often the way feel.

Just keepin' it real.


No comments:

Post a Comment