Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

It's been a long time since I've participated in this, but I figured I could probably come up with a couple things that have happened recently.

If you are unfamiliar with Not Me! Mondays, click on the button or links to see what it's all about. It's a lot of fun to read--you won't be disappointed. And hey, you may end up feeling a little better about yourself along the way!

I was at the store with my mom and sister last weekend getting the last few random items on our list. It had been a long day of running a bazillion errands (after catching a movie, of course.) We were in the bath and beauty section and I realized that I really, really needed razor blades. For the past six weeks I had been using a crummy disposable razor I stole from my sister. It's safe to say that my skin looked like it had gone through a wood chopper after my showers. So, like a good daughter, I held onto my item until we finished shopping and waited in line to pay. It would be so UNLIKE me to just drop my expensive pack of razors into my mom's already-full cart. That would be silly and quite ridiculous since I am most definitely too old to ask (ahem, expect, sometimes) for my mom to purchase things for me. So I didn't. Or did I? All I know is that my legs have thanked me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the last year or so I have really made an effort to try to change at least a few easy things in my diet to make it more "organic." The easiest thing I've found is to buy organic milk instead of regular milk. After I read a hundred different articles on just how junky normal grocery store milk is, I had a hard time buying it. Plus, it tastes a whole heck of a lot better. (But let's be honest...sometimes a person just can't find the courage to hand over $3.50-$4 per half gallon every single time the milk is gone. I have definitely switched it out on occasion.)


So when I arrived at my family's home and find out that my expecting sister has switched to organic for the sake of her and baby, I thought that it would be nice to not have to worry about fitting "my" milk into the fridge. Or paying for it very often. However, I soon learned that since it was so expensive, my sister preferred that I didn't use her milk unless it was a milk emergency. I get that. I can be quite reasonable at times. So I most definitely do NOT sneak the "good" milk when it can go unnoticed or no one is looking and regular milk just won't do. I am NOT that calculating. I am ALWAYS a much more considerate person than that.

Oh, and I do NOT think theft is becoming a theme here.

I am sure there are plenty of other occasions where I have totally handled things awesomely but just can't think of them right now. Throughout the week, I always do/say/see something that
I think should go in a Not Me! post--if I were to ever get around to making one--but I never remember them or write them down. Or remember to write them down.

Well, here's to a week of NOT working on forgetfulness or the act of general thievery...

1 comment:

  1. Great not me monday I thought your not me's were great, especially the one about the theft becoming a theme was funny



    Would you like to take part in Tribute tuesday?. It's a blog I made and its a chance to say thankyou to that some one in your life who has made the world a better place for you. It has mr linky so the world can see your tribute to that special person

    ReplyDelete