Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fruit Fly Eliminator


Since I mentioned fruit flies in my last post, I thought I'd share a great way to get rid of them. I know it's beginning to be really cool in most areas, but here in SoCal bugs never seem to really die.


Like most of my "ideas," I found this remedy online somewhere. Like most of my "ideas," I can never properly credit them.


Here's what I do to rid my kitchen of those annoying creatures:


I put a half an ounce or so of balsamic vinegar in a Pyrex custard dish, or any short, tiny bowl. I then cover it with plastic wrap and poke just a couple of really small holes in the top. The bugs are attracted to the acidity (I guess) and end up either drowning or being trapped inside the bowl and eventually dying in there. It's a win-win, really.
-->Don't make the holes too big or it'll be easy for them to get out. <--


I usually put it near the fruit bowl on the table or away from where I'm working in the kitchen. It works fairly quickly, too!


P.S. I've tried other acidic liquids (red wine, apple cider vinegar, etc.) and nothing has worked nearly as well as balsamic vinegar (or worked at all, really).

No comments:

Post a Comment